1. Perform Operational Risk Assessment as follows:
(a) Operational Risk Assessment (ORA) must be completed prior to
every 70-ton class vehicle recovery mission
(b) Reproduce the matrix (page 16.2) locally as needed.
(c) Fill out the ORA matrix form, taking into consideration the
1. Driver/TC Experience
2. Visibility (weather conditions)
3. Terrain (including surface conditions and slope)
4. Use of hold back vehicle and its associated hazards
(d) Total "risk factor(s)" given to each category and enter on
"TOTAL RISK" line.
(e) Have the ORA reviewed by the appropriate decision authority
(depending upon the risk level) to either ACCEPT or REJECT
the risk assessments required for the mission.
(f) To reduce the risk level, it may be necessary to consider one or
more of the following:
1. Request a more experienced driver.
2. Wait for better weather.
3. Identify a better route through the terrain