When retracting cable, operator should observe illumination of amber CAUTION
light and subsequently observe a speed deceleration to approximately 75 ft. per
minute indicating that cable is within 10 ft. of full stow.
21. Using pilots HOIST CONTROL switch, retract cable and observe that cable speed slows when caution light
GPU must be used or deceleration may not occur.
22. Push up on boom up-limit switch actuator arm during reeling in to check that hoist stops running when up-limit
switches are actuated.
23. Using pilots HOIST CONTROL switch, continue to retract and observe that cable speed decelerates as hook
approaches boomhead. Deceleration should take place at 18-24 inches minimum from boomhead when cable
is retracted with no load and 48 inches maximum when entire 250 foot length is retracted with 600 pounds
maximum load. Readjust limit switch cam number 4 if required to meet minimum/maximum length
24. Repeat steps 6 through 9 using pendant hoist control. Check that cable speed can be regulated by pendant
hoist control from 0 to 250 fpm when cable is extended beyond 10 foot caution limit (amber light) is out.
25. Place SPEED MODE switch to LOW SPEED and repeats steps 6 through 10 (maximum speed is 125 fpm).
26. Reel cable all the way up and rotate boom in to stowed position.
27. Open RESCUE HOIST CONT and RESCUE HOIST POWER circuit breakers.
RESCUE HOIST SQUIB CIRCUIT TEST UH-60 (NOT APPLICABLE TO UH-1)
1. SQUIB switch Hold at TEST.
2. SQUIB IND light Check on.
3. SQUIB switch Release to NORM SQUIB IND light off.