BOOM POSITION AND HOIST CABLE CONTROL OPERATIONAL CHECK UH-60
(NOT APPLICABLE TO UH-1)
To position rescue hoist inboard or outboard:
1. MASTER switch ON.
2. Hoist operator Check power on indicator (blue light); check to ensure that 10-foot CAUTION light on
pendant grip is on; and cooling fan is operating.
3. Check ICS switch on pendant.
Hands must be kept clear from hoist boom during operation to prevent hand
4. Hoist operator BOOM switch OUT and then IN.
5. RESCUE HOIST CONTROL panel Rotate boom OUT; then IN, then OUT to test boom operation.
6. Speed mode switch HIGH SPEED.
EMERGENCY RELEASE OF RESCUE HOIST LOAD
If rescue hoist becomes jammed, inoperative, or cable is entangled and emergency release is required perform
one of the following steps:
1. To cut cable from cockpit: CABLE SHEAR switch FIRE.
2. To cut cable from hoist operator's position: CABLE CUT switch FIRE.
End of Work Package