Extend cable out from boomhead, in line with boom axis, during test procedures.
Avoid damaging cable on rough surfaces, such as the ground. Care must be
taken not to pull cable taut around cable guide/roller since kinking of cable might
result. It is recommended that hoist cable be fed onto cable spool or equivalent of
at least 9" diameter.
During cable retracting procedure, test up-limit switches by pushing up on
actuator arm to ensure proper operation. Cable movement should stop within
approximately 18-24 inches of travel when actuator arm is raised. Cable
movement will resume operation when arm is released.
Observe that amber CAUTION light extinguishes when cable hook is
approximately 10 feet of all out (250 feet). Ensure CAUTION light illuminates
and cable speed decelerates (to approximately 75 feet per minute) when
cable is within 10 feet of full stowed position.
4. Position control panel HIGH/LOW SPEED switch to HIGH.
5. Utilizing hoist control pendant, fully extend cable.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 with control panel HIGH/LOW SPEED switch in LOW.
7. Rotate hoist and observe 205 degree swing for proper operation.
8. Disconnect power.
1. Install hoist in helicopter in accordance with the appropriate aircraft maintenance manual.
2. Connect power source (28 vdc) to helicopter and close hoist circuit breaker(s) in accordance with appropriate
aircraft operators manual.
Blue POWER ON light should be on and blower fan should be operating.
Rescue hoist is normally installed in number 2 position; however, when
rescue hoist is installed in number 3 or 4 position (UH-1 only), ensure control
panel position switch is placed in number 1 and 3 position.
3. Using PILOT BOOM CONTROL switch, rotate hoist in, then out, observing 205 degree swing for proper