Pilot does not have variable speed control of hoist.
Extend cable from boomhead, in line with boom axis, during test procedures.
Avoid damaging cable on rough surfaces, such as ground. Care must be
taken not to pull cable taut around cable guide/roller since kinking of cable
might result. It is recommended that hoist cable be fed onto cable spool or
equivalent of at least 9" diameter.
Observe that amber CAUTION light extinguishes when cable hook is
approximately 10 feet of all out (250 feet). Ensure CAUTION light illuminates and
cable speed decelerates (to approximately 75 feet per minute) when cable is
within 10 feet of full stowed position.
4. Position control panel HIGH/LOW SPEED switch to HIGH.
5. Operator of PILOT HOIST CONTROL switch must limit cable travel operation to within first 10 feet and stop.
Hoist control pendant operator will immediately resume operation until cable hook is reeled out.
6. Operator of PILOT HOIST CONTROL switch must limit cable travel operation to within 10 feet of all out (250
feet) and stop. Hoist control pendant operator will immediately resume operation until cable hook is retracted.
7. Repeat steps 2 through 6 using control pendant CABLE UP/DOWN switch. Using pendant speed control
lever, ensure cable speed can be varied during extension operation (from 0-250 feet per minute).
8. Place control panel HIGH/LOW SPEED switch to LOW and repeat steps 2 through 7.
9. Upon completion of tests, extract cable. Using control pendant BOOM IN/OUT switch, rotate swinging boom
in to stowed position.
10. Open rescue hoist CONT and POWER circuit breakers on pilot overhead console.
11. Disconnect power.
End of Work Package
0011 00-3/(0011 00-4 blank)