1. Remove cable cutter assembly in accordance with WP 0017 00.
2. Remove cable hook assembly in accordance with WP 0015 00.
3. Remove cable assembly, in accordance with WP 0016 00, into a large container filled with mild soap and
water solution. Soak cable for a minimum of one hour.
4. Mask and cover all electrical connectors and components to prevent entrance of water.
6. Using a low water pressure, spray interior of winch housing and drum assembly with clean, fresh water.
7. Allow all components of hoist assembly to fully drain and dry before reassembly.
8. Lubricate level wind screw and planetary gears with a light coat of grease.
9. Lubricate ball spline shaft with lubricant.
10. Install drum assembly in accordance with WP 0024 00.
11. Transfer cable to a large container filled with fresh water. Soak cable for a minimum of one hour.
12. Remove covers and masking from all electrical connectors and components.
13. Clean electrical harnesses, connectors, and components in accordance with WP 0036 00.
Use approved personnel protective equipment (goggles/face shield) when using
compressed air. Air pressure is restricted to a maximum of 35 psi. Do not direct
air stream towards self or other personnel as injury may occur.
Compressed air can be used to ensure cable is completely dry prior to
14. Ensure cable is completely dry, and that it is free of contaminants.
Damage to boomhead will occur if cloth enters boomhead assembly.
15. Using a saturated low-lint cloth, lightly lubricate cable while slowly retracting cable assembly until fully