Quick wash shall not replace monthly cleaning procedures. It shall be
performed upon completion of salt water or desert missions.
Perform all cleaning in a well lit, clean, and properly ventilated room.
If quick wash method is used to remove salt water contamination from cable
assembly, perform hoist assembly cleaning procedures monthly to prevent
damage to cable and hoist assembly.
Do not extend rescue hoist cable beyond length that enables cable assembly
to contact ground unless provision is made to prevent damage or
entanglement of cable.
1. Apply power (28 vdc) to hoist.
2. Fully extend cable assembly.
Use approved personnel protective equipment (goggles/face shield) when using
compressed air. Air pressure is restricted to a maximum of 35 psi. Do not direct
air stream towards self or other personnel as injury may occur.
Damage to boomhead will occur if cloth enters boomhead assembly.
Compressed air can be used to ensure cable is completely dry prior to
3. Ensure cable is completely dried, and that it is free from salt and other contaminants.
4. Using a saturated low-lint cloth, lightly lubricate rescue hoist cable while slowly retracting cable assembly until
5. Repeat procedures if necessary.
6. Remove power from hoist.