3. Disconnect power.
4. Separate upper carrier (11) from lower carrier (3) by removing carrier assembly lockspring (2) using flat tip
screwdriver or equivalent.
Split retainer halves (9) are a matched set. Retain as assemblies.
5. Remove cap (7) and split retainer assembly (9) from upper carrier assembly (11), insert flat tip screwdriver or
equivalent through upper striker disc (13), if necessary.
6. Remove packing (10) from split retainer assembly (9), discard packing.
7. Pull cable through upper carrier (11), cable hook boot (12), and upper striker disc (13).
8. Disassemble lower carrier half assembly by removing pin (5) and retaining nut (6).
9. Remove bearing (4) and lower carrier (3) from cable hook (1).
INSPECT AFTER REMOVAL/DISASSEMBLY
1. Inspect all parts for nicks, cracks, scratches, gouges, and corrosion.
2. Inspect all threaded parts for crossed, stripped, and damaged threads.
3. Inspect bearing for cracks and scoring in bearing races. Bearing must rotate smoothly with no noise, binding,
or excessive axial or radial play.