Automatic Transmission Fluid is toxic to skin, eyes, and respiratory tract. Avoid
prolonged or repeated skin contact. Proper ventilation is required.
Use an acceptable receptacle to catch fluid before removing drain plugs.
1. Remove lockwire from drain plugs (1), discard lockwire.
2. Remove drain plugs (1) from side covers (2) and allow fluid to drain from boomhead assembly.
3. Remove packings (3) from drain plugs (1), discard packings.
4. Lubricate new packings (3) and install on drain plugs (1).
5. Install drain plugs (1) and torque 90-100 in. lbs.