HIGH PERFORMANCE RESCUE HOIST ASSEMBLY
ELECTRIC DRIVE MOTOR - INSPECT
Personnel Required: 1
UH-1: 15N, Helicopter Repairer
AVUM/AVIM Manual for General Aircraft
UH-60: 15T, Helicopter Repairer
Maintenance TM 1-1500-204-23 series
Hoist Certified: 91W, Flight Medic
Cleaning and Corrosion Control Manual
TM 1-1500-344-23 series
Tools and Special Tools:
1. Inspect electric drive motor for nicks, cracks, scratches, dents, and corrosion.
2. Inspect electrical wiring for frayed and broken insulation. Check for cuts and tears.
3. Inspect electrical connector for bent, broken, and missing pins.
4. Inspect for evidence of overheating and shorting.
5. Inspect spline for nicks, burrs, galling, pitting, and uneven wear. Check for chipped and cracked spline teeth.
6. Ensure identification plate is properly attached to the electric drive motor and is legible.