HIGH PERFORMANCE RESCUE HOIST ASSEMBLY
WINCH ASSEMBLY - INSPECT
Personnel Required: 1
UH-1: 15N, Helicopter Repairer
AVUM/AVIM Manual for General Aircraft
UH-60: 15T, Helicopter Repairer
Maintenance TM 1-1500-204-23 series
Hoist Certified: 91W, Flight Medic
Cleaning and Corrosion Control Manual
Tools and Special Tools:
1. Inspect winch assembly for nicks, cracks, scratches, dents, and corrosion.
2. Inspect for evidence of leakage.
3. Inspect electrical wiring for frayed and broken insulation. Check for cuts and tears.
4. Inspect electrical connectors for bent, broken, and missing pins. Inspect for evidence of
overheating and shorting.
5. Ensure identification plate is properly attached to winch assembly and is legible.