1. Inspect all parts for nicks, cracks, scratches, dents, and corrosion.
2. Inspect for evidence of leakage.
3. Inspect all threaded parts for crossed stripped and damaged threads.
4. Inspect electrical wiring for frayed and broken insulation. Check for cuts and tears.
5. Inspect electrical connectors for bent, broken, and missing pins. Inspect for evidence of overheating and
6. Ensure identification plate is properly attached to the higher performance rescue hoist and is legible.
Repair of parts is limited to blending of nicks, burrs, scratches, or other surface damage using aluminum oxide
cloth or fine abrasive. Clean parts thoroughly after repair. If damage is extensive, or if minor repair will affect
serviceability, replace part.