HIGH PERFORMANCE RESCUE HOIST ASSEMBLY
DRUM ASSEMBLY - INSPECT
Personnel Required: 1
UH-1: 15N, Helicopter Repairer
AVUM/AVIM Manual for General Aircraft
UH-60: 15T, Helicopter Repairer
Maintenance TM 1-1500-204-23 series
Hoist Certified: 91W, Flight Medic
Tools and Special Tools:
1. External visual inspection can be accomplished by removing screws (1), plate (2), and fully extending cable.
2. Inspect drum assembly for nicks, cracks, scratches, and dents.
Drum housing will have a normal wear pattern. Blend wear patterns, by hand,
using light abrasive paper and finishing with abrasive cloth. Replace winch
assembly if wear is excessive or if cracks are visible.
3. Inspect drum grooves for distortion or abnormalities and uneven wear.
4. Inspect for burrs, pitting, uneven wear, and corrosion.
5. Inspect cable kicker for loose, worn rivets, and wear.