(2) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the item.
(4) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(5) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
C-5. Special Information. Not Applicable.
C-6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings
are divided into the same groups.
Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see C-4.a.(1)). The
part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see C-4.b). Both indexes cross-
reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
C-7. Abbreviations. (Abbreviations must be applicable to specific RPSTL and not listed in MIL-STD-12).
National Item Identification Number (consists of the last
9 digits of the NSN)
Repair Parts and Special Tools List