to 3,000 dial indicating pressure gage (10) and the
pressure regulator (6). Turning the valve knob clock-
wise closes the valve.
assembled on the mixing nozzle located immediately
below the agent container.
(2) Purpose. The ball valve controls the flow of
agent from the agent container. Turning the handle
The M9 gun is used when firing from a
(3) 900 counterclockwise opens the valve and
ground vehicle only. The trigger (h
turning the handle 900 clockwise closes the valve.
below) and the trigger safety (i below)
d. Lever Plug Valve.
are on the M9 gun. The M9 gun is not
(1) Location. The lever plug valve (4) is adjacent to
used when firing from a helicopter.
the LOW PRESS. VALVE nameplate on the control
(1) Location. The trigger is located on the M9 gun in
(2) Purpose. The lever plug valve controls the flow
front of the rear handle below the valve section.
of the low pressure air to the 0-200 psi scale dial
(2) Purpose. The trigger controls the release of
indicating pressure gage (9) and the agent container.
agent to the atmosphere when operating the disperser
Turning the valve handle clockwise opens the valve and
from a ground vehicle. Squeezing the trigger opens a
turning the valve handle counterclockwise closes the
constriction in the rubber tube, permitting the agent to
disperse. Releasing the trigger causes a constriction in
e. Safety Head Assembly.
the rubber tube, thus stopping the flow of agent.
(1) Location. The safety head assembly (5) is
i. Trigger Safety.
adjacent to the SAFETY HEAD nameplate on the control
(1) Location. The trigger safety is located on the M9
gun trigger immediately below the valve section.
(2) Purpose. When pressure of 110 ( 10) pounds
(2) Purpose. The trigger safety prevents accidental
builds up in the low pressure line section (caused by a
operation of the trigger. The safety must be released
faulty pressure regulator), the rupture disk inside the
before the trigger can be actuated.
safety head bursts. The rupture disk inside the safety
head is designed to burst at 110 (10) pounds pressure.
a. General. The disperser is equipped with two
As soon as the operator turns on the lever plug valve
instruments, one is the dial indicating pressure gage,
(LOW PRESS. VALVE) (4) and if air escapes through
0Oto 3,000 psi scale (10, fig. 2-1) and other one is a dial
the safety head, allow the air to continue to escape.
indicating pressure gage, 0 to 200 psi scale (9).
When all pressure has escaped, turn in the disperser to
b. Dial Indicating Pressure Gage, 0 to 3,000 PSI Scale.
(1) Location. The dial indicating pressure gage (10)
f. Relief Safety Valve.
is mounted on the top of the control panel.
(1) Location. The relief safety valve (7) is located
(2) Purpose. The dial indicating pressure gage
behind the control panel adjacent to the nameplate
indicates air pressure in the compressed gas cylinders
RELIEF VALVE. The relief safety valve is accessible
when the globe valve (8) is open. This gage is capable
through a cutout in the face of the control panel.
of indicating pressure between zero and 3,000 pounds
(2) Purpose. The relief safety valve is preset to
operate automatically at 80 ( 8) psi pressure. If the
per square inch (psi). In this disperser, the normal
charging high pressure for the compressed gas cylinders
regulated pressure exceeds 80 psi pressure, the relief
is 2,000 ( 100) psi.
safety valve will open to vent the excess pressure. The
c. Dial Indicating Pressure Gage, 0 to 200 PSI Scale.
relief valve is equipped with a lever. The operator can
(1) Location. The dial indicating pressure gage (9)
pull the lever at any time to relieve the pressure.
is mounted on the front of the control panel.
g. Globe Valve.
(2) Purpose. The dial indicating pressure page
(1) Location. The globe valve (8) is located on the
indicates the regulated air pressure being delivered to
front of the control panel.
the agent container. This gage is scaled from zero to
(2) Purpose. The globe valve controls the flow of
200 psi. In this disperser, the normal pressure regulator
high pressure air from the two compressed gas
controlled pressure is between 45 and 55 psi.
cylinders. Turning the valve knob counterclockwise
opens the valve and applies high pressure air to the 0