CORRECTIVE ACTION Continued
and fuel pump switches in ON position, press preheat and starter buttons while operating purge pump.
If no fuel flows from tee, install new manifold preheater fuel filter (see WP 0131 00).
14. Operate pump with MASTER and fuel pump in ON position. Press preheat and starter buttons. If fuel
fails to flow, troubleshoot manifold preheater circuit (see WP 0044 00).
15. Remove engine deck (see WP 0336 00) and both plastic tubes at manifold heater nozzles. With an
assistant to watch both tube ends, turn MASTER and fuel pump switches to ON position. Press starter
and preheater buttons while operating purge pump. If no fuel flows from one or both tubes, replace
defective tubes (see WP 0136 00). If fuel flows from both tubes, disconnect manifold heater return tube
(see WP 0136 00). Inspect manifold heater for damaged threads or plugged orifice. Replace manifold
Solvents can burn easily, give off harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing. To avoid injury
or death, keep away from open flame and use in a well-ventilated area. If solvent gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
If orifice is plugged, soak nozzle with cleaning compound (item 9, WP 0489 00). Using a fine wire,
clean orifice opening. Inspect filters for contamination or damage. Clean or replace filters (see WP
0131 00). Assemble
in reverse order
of disassembly. Install manifold heater nozzle
tighten jamnut. Connect manifold heater fuel inlet hose and fuel return tube.
16. Perform battery serviceability test (see WP 0041 00). Recharge or replace low batteries (see WP 0153
17. If during battery test battery voltage was below 12 volts and starter still tried to turn over engine, starter
protection module may be defective, troubleshoot engine starter circuit (see WP 0043 00). Replace
starter module if defective (see WP 0152 00).
18. Check engine for proper grade of oil. If wrong grade of oil for prevailing temperature is in engine do
the following: Use external means to heat engine compartment. After engine starts, run it until engine
reaches operating temperature. Drain engine and/or transmission and fill with proper grade of oil for
prevailing temperatures as specified in TM 9-2350-256-10.
19. While assistant engages starter, listen at vehicle right rear cooling air inlet grilles for a spinning noise.
If spinning noise is present, replace starter assembly (see WP 0152 00).
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0022 00-3/4 blank