CHAPTER 2: VEHICLE MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
TABLE 2-1. PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES FOR THE M88A1--Continued
b. Clean dirty fins with low pressure air. Inspect oil cooler
lines for holes, rips, and tears. Replace oil cooler lines
as necessary in accordance with paragraph 5-7.
c. Inspect oil cooler screens for clogs or holes.
Check engine cooling fans for proper alinement and
damage (see paragraph 5-2).
a. Replace manifold heater fuel filter (see paragraph 4-18).
b. Inspect and service manifold heater spark plug.
(1) Clean electrodes.
(2) Wipe insulator clean of accumulated grease and
c. Shut off engine before it reaches operating temperature
and do the following:
Be careful when feeling engine. Engine parts
can be hot enough to cause bums.
(1) Using extreme caution, run hand along each intake
manifold to check for heat generated by manifold
(2) If heaters are operative, heat will be felt.
Replace main engine oil filters (see paragraph 3-5).
Clean main engine air cleaner (refer to TM 9-2350-256-10).
(1) Be sure that all joints, seals, and connections are
tight and not leaking.
(2) Inspect air intake hoses for tears and deterioration.