(6) Inspect threaded parts for nicks, moss
threading and excessive wear.
(7) Inspect polarizing pin, terminal pin
assembly, connector housing and pin assembly and
fuse block for nicks, cracks, distortion and other
dam age that would impair their use.
(8) Inspect other terminal assembly components
for tears, cracks, hardening and other damage that
would impair their use.
(1) Replace pump and electric cable assembly if
continuity check of cable shows it to be grounded or
if there is any evidence of damage that would impair
(2) Repair dents or distortions. Weld cracks and
breaks in metal parts where practical. Replace
defective parts if badly damaged.
(3) Repair threaded parts with a thread chaser if
practical or replace defective parts.
(4) Replace any other defective parts.
Assemble electric fuel pump and mount assembly in
reverse order of disassembly.
Prior to installation in the vehicle, test the electric
fuel pump and mount assembly for performance as
shown in figure 3-7.