c. Cleaning. Wash all parts in dry cleaning solvent or mineral spirits paint thinner, and dry with moisture-free
d. Inspection and Repair.
Unless otherwise specified, parts should be replaced if any of the defects described
below are detected.
(1) Inspect cable for kinks or broken strands.
(2) Inspect clevis assembly and ferrule for distortion, cracks, and chipped surfaces.
(3) Inspect all parts for nicks, burs, rust and corrosion. Remove rust, corrosion, burs, and nicks with a fine file or
(1) Assemble the main winch cable in reverse order of disassembly (fig. 3-12).
(2) Lubricate cable in accordance with LO 9-2350-256-12.
3-9. Repair of Main Winch Level Winder Assembly
a. General. Figures 3-13 and 3-14, with accompanying legends, serve to identify all parts of the level winder
assembly. The legends also provide an index to the step-by-step removal of each component during disassembly.
b. Disassembly Procedure. Disassemble the level winder assembly as shown in figure 3-15.