CORRECTIVE ACTION Continued
21. If the problem is still unresolved and system pressure has been verified to be 19502050 psi
(13,44514,135 kPa), perform the following:
Install pressure gage in test port no. 50 at main winch level winder. For location of test gage port,
Verify pressure reading of approximately 1425 psi (9825 kPa). The pressure must be stable.
(1) Extremely low pressure (below 1300 psi [8964 kPa]) would be an indication
of improper relief valve setting or a faulty combination control valve.
(2) Fluctuating and unstable hydraulic pressure is an indication of a faulty combination
If fluctuating and unstable hydraulic pressure is experienced, replace the main winch combination
If extremely low pressure is experienced (below 1300 psi [8964 kPa]), readjust the main winch
pressure to 1400 psi (9653 kPa). The pressure must be stable and without fluctuation. If readjust-
ment cannot be accomplished, replace the main winch combination control valve. Adjustment
to the valve is accomplished by cutting the lockwire to the acorn nut, removing the nut, and
loosening the locknut. Turn the adjusting screw 1/8 of a turn at a time for adjustment. Turn the
screw "in" to increase pressure. (Turning "out" decreases pressure.) The final pressure setting
should be verified with the locking nut tightened. Secure the acorn nut with lockwire.
Do not exceed a 14001450 psi (96539998 kPa) pressure relief setting. Excessive pressure will
produce main winch cable pull valves in excess of vehicle specification--bodily injury could occur.
The hydraulic pressures stated above are for troubleshooting only and shall not be used as a substitute
for load checks to see main winch cable line pull valves.
22. Remove main winch brake cover (WP 0057 00) and check if main winch brake is releasing.
23. Remove hydraulic brake cylinder hose no. 29 and inspect for restriction.
Replace restricted or damaged hose (TM 9-2350-256-20).
24. Remove main winch brake cylinder and test for malfunction (WP 0056 00).
Replace main winch brake cylinder.
25. Inspect for restricted pilot hose between main winch control valve and combination control valve (refer
to FO-3 and trace pilot circuit).
Replace restricted or damaged pilot hose (TM 9-2350-256-20).
26. Broken free-wheeling ratchet bracket assembly unit in main winch.