THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
WP 0041 00
Operational Risk Assessment (ORA) must be completed prior to every 70--ton class
vehicle towing mission.
Perform Operational Risk Assessment as follows:
1. Operational Risk Assessment (ORA) must be completed prior to every 70--ton class vehicle towing mission.
2. Reproduce the matrix found in this work package locally as needed.
3. Fill out the ORA matrix form, taking into consideration the following conditions:
Visibility (weather conditions)
Terrain (including surface conditions and slope)
Use of hold back vehicle and its associated hazards.
4. Total risk factor(s) given to each category and enter on TOTAL RISK line.
5. Have the ORA reviewed by the appropriate decision authority (depending upon the risk level) to either ACCEPT
or REJECT the risk assessments required for the mission.
6. To reduce the risk level, it may be necessary to consider one or more of the following:
Request a more experienced driver.
Wait for better weather.
Identify a better route through the terrain.