PREPARING HYDRAULIC SYSTEM FOR OPERATION.
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
Main Hydraulic System, Emergency Engagement/Disengagement of the PTO Clutch, Auxiliary Hydraulic System
Tools and special Tools
Adjustable wrench (item 40, Table 2, WP 0128 00)
Vehicle parked and brakes locked; main engine shut
down (WP 0019 00)
WP 0012 00
WP 0019 00
WP 0128 00
WP 0053 00
WP 0054 00
WP 0055 00
Do not operate hydraulic system with hoses disconnected. Failure to comply may
result in damage to equipment.
MAIN HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
1. Start main engine (WP 0012 00) and warm it up.
2. Ensure all hydraulic control levers are in NEUTRAL, HOLD, or LIVE.
3. Ensure SYSTEM SELECTOR control valve (1) is in MAIN position.
4. Move PTO CLUTCH switch (2) to ON.
For cold weather operation -- set engine speed to 1,800 rpm. Check that spade lock
is locked and move SPADE operating lever to RAISE for 3 to 4 minutes. This will
cause oil to spill over the relief valve for faster warmup.
For hot weather or continuous operation, increase engine speed to 2000 rpm to help
cool hydraulic fluid.
5. For normal operation, set engine speed to 1800 rpm.
Sustained hydraulic operation above 225°F (107°C) is not recommended. High oil
temperatures may cause abnormal system performance. Failure to comply may re-
sult in damage to equipment.
6. Main hydraulic system is now ready for operation.