THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
WP 0045 00
The spade is used only to stabilize vehicle when hoisting loads over 6 tons (5448 kg) without lockout blocks and
during main winch operations. The spade can be operated by either main or auxiliary hydraulic systems. The con-
trols are located in operators area.
The auxiliary hydraulic system can be used to power spade only under no load conditions.
Failure to comply may result in over loading hydraulic system and cause equipment damage.
1. Prepare hydraulic system for operation (WP 0045 00).
2. Move SPADE operating lever (1) to RAISE.
3. Push spade lock release button (2) and hold.
4. Move SPADE operating lever (1) to LOWER until spade clears spade lock and then release spade lock release
5. Move SPADE operating lever (1) to RAISE or LOWER for desired operation.