OPERATE BOOM -- CONTINUED
Do not stand on top of vehicle while boom is being raised or lowered. Failure to com-
ply may result in the boom impacting personnel, causing injury or DEATH to person-
Prior to raising boom remove any loose objects from boom basket and ensure all
hatches are closed. Failure to comply may result in loose objects falling on person-
nel standing below, causing injury or DEATH to personnel.
While raising boom, check that hoist winch, stayline cables and other equipment do
not catch on deck door, hinges, and handles. Failure to comply may result in injury to
personnel and/or damage to equipment.
1. Prepare main or auxiliary hydraulic system for operation (WP 0045 00).
2. Disconnect straps securing 35--ton hook block in tray.
3. Push in on boom latch (1) until it locks in open position.
4. Remove hoist winch cable (2) from cable stays (3) and J--hook (4) and open and release stayline cables (5) from
securing clamps (6).
5. Verify tree shoe chains, hoist cable and stayline cables are free of engine deck door handles, oxygen bottle and
6. Open hoist winch cable access door (WP 0029 00).