OPERATE MAIN WINCH -- CONTINUED
Never grasp cable near stationary objects. Sudden movement of cable could injure
Minimum engine speed for winching is 1,000 rpm. Engine speed for normal operating
conditions is 1,800 rpm. Engine speed should be increased to a maximum of 2000 rpm for
hot weather or continuous operation. Failure to comply may result in failure of the main winch
or damage to equipment.
Never pay out main winch cable without tension on it. Use the auxiliary winch. Failure to
comply may result in main winch malfunction and possible damage to equipment.
Start pay out of main winch cable slowly. Fast initial pay out can cause the cable to unspool.
Failure to comply may result in damage to the main winch.
If birdnesting occurs during payout/inhaul of main winch cable, if cable gets kinked or
excessive mud/debris or if foreign objects come in contact with cable or shut off switches,
winch will automatically shut down. WINCH DRUM MALFUNCTION indicator and SYSTEM
WARNING indicator will light and warning horn will sound.
2. Raise main winch lever cover.
3. Move main winch operating lever (1) to PAYOUT.
4. Attach main winch to load.
5. Move MAIN WINCH operating lever (1) to INHAUL to recover disabled vehicle. Keep operating lever (1) to
INHAUL until disabled vehicle is as close as possible to main winch. This will keep tension on main winch cable
6. Release main winch operating lever (1).
7. If a malfunction occurs during main winch operation, perform the following:
Release main winch operating lever (1).
Troubleshoot malfunction (WP 0100 00).