VEHICLE RECOVERY OPERATIONS -- CONTINUED
PAY OUT MAIN WINCH CABLE FOR SINGLE LINE RECOVERY USING AUXILIARY WINCH -- CONTINUED
Do not move both the AUX WINCH and MAIN WINCH operating levers to INHAUL at the
same time. This may result in the auxiliary winch cable snapping which may result in injury or
DEATH to personnel.
7. Slowly move AUX WINCH operating lever (1) to INHAUL to take slack out of cables, then lock it in INHAUL detent
Start pay out of main winch cable slowly. Fast initial pay out can cause the cable to unspool.
Failure to comply may result in damage to the main winch.
8. Raise main winch lever cover and move the MAIN WINCH operating lever (2) to PAYOUT.
9. Maintain tension on main winch cable all the way out to disabled vehicle by varying main winch speed.
10. Return MAIN WINCH lever (2) to neutral then return AUX WINCH operating lever (1) to neutral position when
main winch cable has reached disabled vehicle.
11. Move AUX WINCH operating lever (1) slowly to PAYOUT to release tension on cables.
12. Remove auxiliary winch cable from main winch cable and 6.5--ton snatch block.
13. Remove 6.5--ton snatch block from disabled vehicle.