VEHICLE RECOVERY OPERATIONS -- CONTINUED
PAY OUT MAIN WINCH CABLE FOR DOUBLE LINE RECOVERY USING AUXILIARY WINCH CABLE --
22. Move MAIN WINCH operating lever (2) to INHAUL to recover disabled vehicle. Keep MAIN WINCH operating
lever (2) to INHAUL until disabled vehicle is as close as possible to main winch. This will keep tension on main
winch cable during inhaul.
23. Release MAIN WINCH operating lever (2).
PAY OUT MAIN WINCH CABLE BY BACKTRACKING FROM DISABLED VEHICLE
1. Release spade lock and lower spade (WP 0046 00) and establish/excavate the spade emplacement location prior
to moving to disabled vehicle.
2. Move M88A2 to disabled vehicle.
Use of M88A2 tow cables as a sling leg on other than M88A2 will affect included
angle of sling leg force calculation.
3. Connect disabled vehicles towing cables to each towing lug using disabled vehicles towing hooks. If disabled
vehicles towing cables are not available, use M88A2 tow cables, attaching them with 18--ton shackles to M2/M3
Family of Vehicles (FOV) or 50--ton shackles to connect to M1 FOV.