REFUEL AND DEFUEL OPERATION -- CONTINUED
All personnel must dismount from vehicles and the portable fire extinguishers must be readily
accessible and manned at all times. Failure to comply may result in injury or DEATH to
When refueling the M88A2, remove fuel filler cap for venting and have an observer watch fuel
tank filler pipe to avoid overfilling and spillage of fuel. Fill to the level of screen at bottom of
fuel filler pipe. Do not over fill. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
10. Ground fuel hose assembly by connecting the attached ground cable (13) to one of the vehicles.
11. Open fuel tank filler cap and insert tube firmly into fuel tank filler pipe. Avoid damaging filler pipes or strainers.
12. Avoid overfilling by attending fuel nozzle continuously. Lock or latch-open devices that permit unattended
operation are NOT AUTHORIZED (any nozzles which have the notched handles must have the notches
13. After refuel/defuel operation is complete, move FLOW REGULATOR handle (2) to the 10 position.
14. Set FUEL PUMP CONTROL handle (1) to CLOSED.