OPERATE PERSONNEL HEATER.
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
Operate Personnel heater
WP 0094 00
The personnel heater provides heat for the crew compartment in cold weather. The heater burns fuel from the fuel
Shut off the personnel heater if: fuel leakage or fuel pooling is observed; heater will not start
in specified time following proper procedures (heater lamp does not come on); blower does
not operate or heater goes out (heater lamp goes out). Failure to comply may result in
personnel injury or DEATH and/or equipment damage due to potential for a crew
1. Press indicator light (1) to see if it glows. If it doesnt glow, replace it. If it still doesnt glow, troubleshoot (WP
2. Set HI/LO switch (2) to desired position for heat control.
3. Hold heater control switch (3) to START.
4. Wait two to four minutes for indicator light (1) to come on.
5. Move heater control switch (3) to RUN.
6. If light (1) fails to glow, move heater control switch to OFF. Press indicator light (1). If it lights, wait two minutes
and try to start heater again. If it doesnt light, troubleshoot (WP 0094 00).
7. To stop heater, move heater control switch (3) to OFF. Light (1) will go out in a short time.
The heater can be operated with MASTER switch OFF. Operate in this mode for only short
periods of time. The batteries will drain quickly in cold weather.
END OF TASK
0056 00--1/2 blank