OPERATE WELDING EQUIPMENT -- CONTINUED
INSTALLING ACETYLENE CYLINDER REGULATOR VALVE
Acetylene gas is stored under extremely high pressure. Ensure protective cap is in place
when cylinder is not in use. If head of cylinder is broken off personnel may be injured or
Acetylene gas is flammable. If cylinder leaks, notify unit maintenance. Do not attempt to
use. Acetylene may explode causing injury or DEATH to personnel.
Acetylene cylinder and regulator valve are equipped with left hand threads. Do not turn in
wrong direction when removing or damage may occur to the equipment.
1. Remove four screws (1), four lockwashers (2) and armor plate (3).
2. Remove hull outlet fitting plug (4).
3. Position regulator valve (5) so gauges can be easily read.
4. Tighten nut (6).
REMOVING ACETYLENE CYLINDER REGULATOR VALVE
Ensure acetylene bottle valve is turned off before removing regulator valve. Acetylene is
under high pressure and could cause serious injury or DEATH to personnel.
1. Loosen nut (6) and remove regulator valve (5).
2. Install hull outlet fitting plug (4).
3. Install armor plate (3) with four lockwashers (2) and four screws (1).
END OF TASK