SLAVE START -- CONTINUED
4. Connect slave cable to auxiliary power receptacle (1) on both vehicles.
5. Turn MASTER switch ON in live vehicle and charge dead vehicles batteries for 15 minutes before trying to start
6. Turn MASTER switch OFF in live vehicle and ON in dead vehicle after charging period.
If dead vehicle does not start within 15 seconds, release START button and accelerator
pedal. Turn MASTER switch OFF and wait three to five minutes. Repeat starting
procedures. If engine does not start on third try, troubleshoot (refer to WP 0000 00) or dead
vehicles technical manual). Failure to comply will overheat the starter motor which may
result in equipment damage.
7. Start main engine in dead vehicle (WP 0012 00).
8. Turn MASTER switch OFF in dead vehicle and disconnect slave cable from both vehicles and stow.
9. Turn MASTER switch ON and check that BATT--GEN indicator points to the green area.
10. Check that engine is operating normally (WP 0013 00).
11. If vehicle is not going to be driven for 30 minutes, idle the engine at 1,000 to 1,200 rpm for 30 minutes to recharge
END OF TASK