POWERPACK ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT -- CONTINUED
19. Using tiedown straps, secure the throttle linkage, line retaining clips or other loose or dangling items to the power-
To avoid damage to the powerpack, ensure all attaching
powerpack parts are clear of vehicle structure when lifting
powerpack out of vehicle.
Hoisting beam is marked POWERPACK M88A2 to aid in
rigging to powerpack.
20. Attach hoisting beam (50) to powerpack (51) and lift powerpack (51) so that powerpack clears the vehicle hull.
21. Install final drive sleeve tool on final drive shaft to prevent shaft from sliding into final drives.
22. Install transmission parts kit on both transmission output housings (52).
Never set powerpack directly on ground. Engine or trans-
mission components could be damaged.
23. Remove powerpack (51) from vehicle and set on wooden blocks on a solid surface. Cover ends of final drive out-
put drives (53), ports and connection points with a suitable waterproof material.
24. Remove two preformed packings (54) from inner and middle grooves on both transmission output housings (52).
Discard preformed packings.