POWERPACK ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT -- CONTINUED
Powerpack should be given a general inspection in the following areas whenever the powerpack is removed from the
Replace or repair any defective or damaged item or com-
ponent as required. If replacement or repair is beyond
scope of unit level maintenance, notify support mainte-
1. Check gaskets, seals and covers for seepage of fuel and oil.
2. Check for damaged, distorted or broken hose, tube or line connector assemblies (nuts, adapters, reduction fittings
3. Check fuel hoses, tubes and connectors for cracks, leaks and/or seepage of fuel (WP 0217 00).
4. Check oil/hoses, tubes and connectors for cracks, leaks and/or seepage of oil (WP 0199 00 and WP 0200 00).
5. Check for stripped or damaged threads on connector assemblies and retaining bolts, nuts or studs. Repair
threads or replace components/items as appropriate.
6. Check electrical wires, leads and connectors for cracked insulation, oil and grease on cables/connectors.
7. Check for broken screws or bolts. Replace broken screws or bolts.
8. Check for damaged, burred, pitted or gummed--up seals, gaskets or preformed packings. Clean, remove burrs or
replace components as required.
9. Check hull engine compartment for pools of oil/fuel.
10. Check oil filters (WP 0196 00) and fuel filters (WP 0222 00) for collection of sediment on filter elements.
11. Inspect and adjust the fire extinguisher nozzles in engine compartment.
12. Check transmission output drives, engine mountings and connections in engine compartment to determine if
items are serviceable and positioned to receive powerpack.
13. Clean/flush engine compartment prior to installation of powerpack.
14. Perform necessary engine compartment lubricating procedures (WP 0187 00).
15. Perform engine ground hop (WP 0189 00) and check operation of powerpack and components.
Operation of the powerpack outside the vehicle lets maintenance personnel inspect control and drive components
of the powerpack unit by hand--operating control linkages on the transmission. Components can be checked for
proper functioning and performance with powerpack unit outside of the vehicle without harm to the unit.