POWERPACK ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT -- CONTINUED
8. Remove access plug (57) from left steer clutch housing (58).
Be sure to use a heavy--duty screwdriver to turn steer tie
shaft. Shaft resistance could break a light--duty screw-
driver shaft inside transmission, which would require re-
placement of entire transmission assembly.
Coupling alignment requires one person on each side of
transmission. Left shaft is turned to help align right out-
put drive coupling and vice versa Tie shafts are difficult
to move and may require use of a wrench on screwdriver
to turn shaft. Couplings also have some vertical move-
ment possible to help align parts.
9. Insert screwdriver in hole and engage slot (59) in left steer tie shaft (60).
10. Have an assistant with second screwdriver pry right drive coupling toward transmission housing while you turn left
steer tie shaft (60) until coupling and transmission output gears mesh. Slide coupling (23) into transmission as far
as possible and install coupling retainer (22).
11. Remove screwdrivers and install access plug (57) in left steer clutch housing (58).
12. Repeat steps 7 through 10 for right steer clutch housing and left coupling.