MAIN WINCH AND SPADE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT -- CONTINUED
Do not disturb the setting of the winch mounting bracket
alignment pins. They are set to match the main winch
4. Verify eight screws (26) on winch mounting bracket alignment pins (27) are tight.
5. Clean side rail (14) and lightly coat with lubricant.
6. Lubricate diamond screw in accordance with WP 0187 00.
Additional layers of pressure sensitive tape or sealing com-
pound may be required to provide a water--tight seal. Add lay-
ers as required. Make sure that pressure sensitive tape or seal-
ing compound is applied heavily at recess pockets of hull front
cover and protruding corners of hull mating surfaces. Failure to
comply may cause equipment damage.
Do not apply pressure sensitive tape when ambient tempera-
ture is below 45F (7.2 C). Failure to comply may cause loss
of screw torque and equipment damage.
7. Apply pressure sensitive tape or sealing compound to mating surfaces (15) of vehicle (16) and front cover (3).
Ensure mating surfaces (15) are free of old pressure sensitive tape or sealing compound and mounting holes are
free of all old sealing compound.
8. Connect lifting shackles of lifting chain to lifting points (9) of hull front cover (3).