ORGANIZATIONAL MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIEL
(7) Inspect agent containers and compressed gas
cylinders for evidence of serviceability tests. The test
The disperser and accessories
dates are coded as follows: Numbers represent the
(packed in a corrugated container) are shipped in a
month and year (e.g., 1 through 12 for January through
wooden crate (fig. 4-1). The disperser is shipped fully
December, and 67 for 1967, 70 for 1970, etc.).
assembled but inert.
Example: 4-67 indicates the test was per-formed during
April 1967. The test dates for the compressed gas
(1) Cut the steel strapping on the outside of the
cylinders are stamped on the shoulder just below the
crate. Remove steel straps.
neck. The test dates for the agent containers are
(2) Pull nails holding top panel boards and front
stamped on the outside surface of the steel support
panel boards. Remove boards.
facing the pressure group. The ltest test date on the
(3) After the top and front panels have been
cylinders and agent containers must be within the last 54
removed, pull nails holding braces. Remove the braces.
months (4-1/2 yrs). If the time has expired on any
cylinder or agent container, return it to general support
(4) Remove accessories container from crate.
(5) Remove disperser and spare agent container
c. Removing Protective Material. Remove the
from crate. Keep all braces and panel boards for future
use in recrating the disperser and accessories.
from the equipment.
(6) Remove accessories from container and save
container for future use in repacking the accessories.