CORRECTIVE ACTION Continued
9. Inspect all hydraulic hoses and connections for visible indication of oil leaks.
Repair leaks or replace hydraulic hose (TM 9-2350-256-20).
10. Test combination control valve. Install pressure gage in valve gage port. Remove hose no. 23A from
valve, and plug outlet of valve. If no pressure is indicated on gage when operating hydraulic system, it
indicates a faulty combination control valve. For location of test gage port, refer to WP 0053 00.
11. Test control valve. Install pressure gage in combination control valve port no. 21. If no pressure is
established on gage when actuating control valve, but if pressure is established when removing hose
no. 23A from control valve and plugging outlet, it indicates a faulty hoist winch control valve.
12. Test for hydraulic motor failure. Remove hose no. 48 from rear of hydraulic motor. A large volume of
oil discharged from port when hoist winch control valve is engaged indicates a faulty motor.
13. Inspect system selector valve lever for improper position.
Place system selector valve lever in MAIN position.
14. Mechanical failure of hoist winch gear train.
15. Remove hoist winch brake cover (WP 0059 00), and check if hoist winch brake is releasing.
16. Remove hydraulic brake cylinder hose no. 28 and inspect for restriction.
Replace restricted or damaged hose (TM 9-2350-256-20).
17. Remove hoist winch brake cylinder and test for malfunction (WP 0058 00).
Replace hoist winch brake cylinder.
19. Inspect for restricted pilot hose between hoist winch control valve and combination control valve (refer
to FO-5 and trace pilot circuit).
Replace restricted or damaged pilot hose (TM 9-2350-256-20).
20. Broken, free-wheeling ratchet brake assembly unit in hoist winch.
21. Inspect for restricted pilot hose or hoist winch control valve (refer to FO-4 and FO-5 and trace hose and
valve for restriction).
Replace any restricted pilot hose (TM 9-2350-256-20).
In cold weather, oil viscosity increases, causing a retarded flow of oil and possibly causing winch to
creep. Proper warmup will correct.
22. Inspect hoist winch brake for proper adjustment.