DRIVING THE VEHICLE -- CONTINUED
Do not use brakes if vehicle throws a track while driving. Let off accelerator and
coast to a stop. Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
1. Push hand throttle all the way in so engine is at low idle (825 to 875 rpm).
2. Hold brake pedal down and shift to 2nd gear (use 1st gear if towing a disabled vehicle).
3. Release brake pedal and accelerate to desired speed while shifting transmission at 5 mph (1st to 2nd gear) and
12 mph (2nd to 3rd gear).
If starting on an uphill grade, apply power with accelerator before releasing brake.
This will avoid rolling backward.
4. Steer vehicle in desired direction using steering wheel.
5. While driving, check your gauge panel frequently (item 15, Table 2, WP 0101 00).
6. Do the DURING OPERATION PMCS tasks.
DRIVING OVER ROUGH, SOFT, OR HILLY TERRAIN
Do not allow vehicle to get out of control. Be careful, know the vehicle and how it
handles. Failure to comply may result in injury or DEATH to personnel and damage
1. Ensure hatches are in the locked position and all equipment is properly stowed.
2. Drive slowly over rough terrain using 1st gear.
3. Make wide slow turns in soft terrain using 1st gear to keep from throwing a track.