Hoist must be packaged without explosive Cartridge Actuated Device (CAD)
installed. Cable cutter, P/N 42277E336 or P/N 42305-160 may be left in hoist but
explosive charge must be removed prior to shipment or storage.
Hoist shall be drained of all Automatic Transmission Fluids (ATF).
Hoist shall be tagged accordingly and noted that fluids have been drained from
boomhead and winch assembly and cartridge removed (DD Form 1574/1574-1
or 1577-2). Storage case should be marked externally to indicate that explosive
charge has been removed.
1. Place rescue hoist reusable shipping container on a flat surface.
2. Lift overcenter latch handles (1) and unlatch to release top of shipping container (2).
3. Grasp top of shipping container (2) and lift up to open.
4. With a minimum of two personnel, lift hoist and place into shipping container.
5. Secure cable hook in container using internal retaining strap.
6. Ensure material condition tag and all required paperwork is secured in such a manner that will afford
maximum protection from handling and weather.
7. Close top of shipping container (2) and secure using overcenter latch handles (1).