Carrier assembly (4 and 12) and split retainers (6 and 10), are matched sets.
Retain as assemblies.
4. Separate lower carrier assembly (2) from upper carrier assembly (3) by removing carrier assembly lockspring
(11) using flat tip screwdriver or equivalent.
5. Remove cap assembly (7) and split retainer assembly (10) from upper carrier assembly (3), insert flat tip
screwdriver or equivalent through disc (14), if necessary.
6. Remove split retainer (10) and packing (9) from cable hook assembly (1), discard packing.
7. Pull cable through upper carrier (12), cable hook boot (13), and disc (14).
8. Remove split retainer assembly (6) from cable hook assembly (1) by sliding bearing (5) down.
9. Remove bearing (5) and lower carrier assembly (2).
Continue with following procedures ONLY if repair or replacement of cable hook
components is required.
10. Disassemble release pin (18), rivet (16), and torsion spring (15) from cable hook (1) and remove cable hook
11. Disassemble upper carrier assembly (3) and disc (14) from cable hook boot (13).
INSPECT AFTER REMOVAL/DISASSEMBLY
1. Inspect all parts for nicks, cracks, scratches, gouges, and corrosion.
2. Inspect all threaded parts for crossed, stripped, and damaged threads.
3. Inspect bearing for cracks and scoring in bearing races. Bearing must rotate smoothly with no noise, binding,
or excessive axial or radial play.