HIGH PERFORMANCE RESCUE HOIST ASSEMBLY
RESCUE HOIST- INSPECT
Personnel Required: 1
UH-1: 15N, Helicopter Repairer
AVUM/AVIM Manual for General Aircraft
UH-60: 15T, Helicopter Repairer
Maintenance TM 1-1500-204-23 series
Hoist Certified: 91W, Flight Medic
Cleaning and Corrosion Control Manual
TM 1-1500-344-23 series
Tools and Special Tools:
Normally, detailed inspection of individual parts should not be attempted until
parts have been disassembled and cleaned (refer to appropriate maintenance
work package). However, some evidence of exercise wear or malfunction can
best be observed during disassembly, when mating or adjacent parts are next to
each other. If a part is seen to be galled, scored, pitted, or worn, visually inspect
mating surfaces of adjacent parts for possible cause of damage.
1. Inspect all parts for nicks, cracks, scratches, dents, and corrosion.
2. Inspect for burrs and scoring on component surfaces.
3. Inspect for pitting in metal surfaces and evidence of leakage.
4. Inspect all painted and plated surfaces for blisters or flaking. Plating must be continuous.
5. Inspect electrical components for corrosion and damage. Check for evidence of overheating and shorting.
6. Inspect electrical wiring for frayed and broken insulation. Check for cuts and tears.
7. Inspect electrical connectors for bent, broken, and missing pins.