PARKING VEHICLE IN EXTREME COLD WEATHER +32°F TO --25°F (0°C TO
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
Parking Vehicle in Extreme Cold Weather +32°F TO --25°F (0°C TO --31°C)
WP 0101 00
1. Park vehicle in a sheltered area, if halted for a short shutdown period. If no shelter is available, have vehicle face
wind. For long shutdown periods, park vehicle on high, dry ground or on planks or brush. This prevents the
tracks from freezing to the ground. Chock vehicle in place if necessary.
2. When shutting down, place control levers in neutral and transmission shift selection in park (P) so they will not
freeze in an engaged position.
3. Clean vehicle of snow, ice, and mud immediately.
4. Perform all AFTER--OPERATION PMCS procedures (WP 0101 00).
5. Cover the vehicle with canvas tarpaulins to protect it from snow. Keep the ends of the cover up off the ground to
keep them from freezing to the ground.
6. Protect the batteries from freezing. Have unit maintenance remove and store batteries in a warm area.
7. Refuel the vehicle immediately after operation to reduce condensation in the tanks. Use JP--8 fuel only.
END OF TASK
0075 00--1/2 blank